Utilities stocks advanced 0.2% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq was steady and the S&P 500 pushed 0.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 5.0% today and up 22.1% in the last month.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 3.5% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 2.6% today and up 20.4% in the last month.
- Terraform Power Inc. (TERP): TERP stock is up 2.6% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is up 2.1% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is up 1.8% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is up 2.0% today.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is up 1.8% today.
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP): BIP stock is up 1.4% today.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is down 1.5% today.
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is down 1.1% today.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is down 0.5% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is down 0.5% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is down 0.5% today.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is down 0.4% today.
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is down 0.2% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 0.4% today.
- Allete Inc (ALE): ALE stock is down 0.1% today.
- Idacorp Inc (IDA): IDA stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.