Utilities stocks rose 1.0% on Wall Street so far on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq stayed level and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 3.3% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 2.8% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 2.5% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is up 2.3% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 2.6% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is up 1.5% today.
- Aqua America (WTR): WTR stock is up 1.2% today.
- Edison International (EIX): EIX stock is up 1.3% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is up 1.5% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is down 2.2% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is down 1.6% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is down 1.0% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 0.5% today.
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is down 0.3% today.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is down 0.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (EPD): EPD stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.