Utilities stocks advanced 0.3% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.2%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.5% and the S&P 500 increased 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 6.2% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 1.4% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 1.5% today.
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is up 1.4% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is up 1.1% today.
- Mge Energy Inc (MGEE): MGEE stock is up 1.1% today.
- National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): NFG stock is up 1.0% today.
- Piedmont Natural Gas Company (PNY): PNY stock is up 1.1% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is up 1.0% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is down 1.8% today.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is down 0.9% today.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is down 1.0% today.
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP): BIP stock is down 0.8% today.
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is down 0.6% today.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is down 0.2% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 0.5% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.