Capital goods stocks advanced 0.3% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.5%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.6% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Triumph Group (TGI): TGI stock is up 7.1% today.
- Tenaris S.A. (TS): TS stock is up 2.0% today.
- Astronics Corp (ATRO): ATRO stock is up 1.5% today.
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is up 0.6% today.
- Spirit Aerosystems Holdings (SPR): SPR stock is up 1.3% today.
- Rockwell Collins (COL): COL stock is up 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Embraer-Empresa Brasileira De Aeronautica (ERJ): ERJ stock is up 1.1% today.
- L-3 Communications Holdings (LLL): LLL stock is up 0.8% today.
- Heico Corp (HEI): HEI stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Pentair Ltd (PNR): PNR stock is down 4.5% today.
- Flowserve Corp (FLS): FLS stock is down 1.7% today.
- Itt Industries (ITT): ITT stock is down 2.0% today.
- Regal-Beloit Corp (RBC): RBC stock is down 0.8% today.
- SPX Corp (SPW): SPW stock is down 2.3% today.
- Applied Industrial Technologies (AIT): AIT stock is down 1.2% today.
- Colfax Corp (CFX): CFX stock is down 1.3% today.
- Valmont Industries (VMI): VMI stock is down 1.4% today.
- Cummins Inc (CMI): CMI stock is down 0.5% today.
- Vulcan Materials Company (VMC): VMC stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.