Consumer noncyclical stocks fell broadly on Wall Street so far on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq increased 0.2% and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- United Stationers Inc (USTR): USTR stock is up 2.8% today.
- Nu Skin Enterprises (NUS): NUS stock is up 2.4% today.
- Reynolds American Inc (RAI): RAI stock is up 1.8% today.
- National Beverage (FIZZ): FIZZ stock is up 0.6% today.
- Lorillard Inc (LO): LO stock is up 0.9% today.
- Industrias Bachoco S.A. De C.V. (IBA): IBA stock is up 0.8% today.
- Inter Parfums (IPAR): IPAR stock is up 0.7% today.
- Avon Products (AVP): AVP stock is up 0.6% today.
- Darling International Inc (DAR): DAR stock is up 1.1% today.
- Starbucks Corp (SBUX): SBUX stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Hershey Foods Corp (HSY): HSY stock is down 3.4% today.
- Mead Johnson Nutrition Company (MJN): MJN stock is down 1.9% today.
- Tupperware Corp (TUP): TUP stock is down 2.1% today.
- Procter & Gamble Company (PG): PG stock is down 1.7% today.
- Deluxe Corp (DLX): DLX stock is down 2.1% today.
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corp (PPC): PPC stock is down 1.5% today.
- Pepsico Inc (PEP): PEP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Hormel Foods Corp (HRL): HRL stock is down 0.9% today.
- Hain Celestial Group (HAIN): HAIN stock is down 0.3% today.
- Anheuser-Busch Inbev Sa (BUD): BUD stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.