Healthcare stocks fell broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.1%, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 declined 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA): ARNA stock is up 6.0% today.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is up 5.7% today.
- Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA): ARIA stock is up 4.8% today.
- Bluebird Bio Inc (BLUE): BLUE stock is up 3.1% today.
- Amicus Therapeutics (FOLD): FOLD stock is up 2.5% today.
- Brookdale Senior Living Inc (BKD): BKD stock is up 2.3% today.
- Newlink Genetics Corp (NLNK): NLNK stock is up 1.6% today.
- Biogen Idec Inc (BIIB): BIIB stock is up 2.0% today.
- Msa Safety Inc. (MSA): MSA stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Acadia Healthcare Company Inc (ACHC): ACHC stock is down 6.9% today.
- Idexx Laboratories (IDXX): IDXX stock is down 3.5% today.
- Chemed Inc (CHE): CHE stock is down 3.0% today.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX): VRX stock is down 1.7% today.
- Kindred Healthcare (KND): KND stock is down 1.3% today.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is down 1.0% today.
- Smith & Nephew Snats (SNN): SNN stock is down 1.2% today.
- Horizon Pharma Inc (HZNP): HZNP stock is down 0.9% today.
- Vca Antech (WOOF): WOOF stock is down 1.3% today.
- Centene Corp (CNC): CNC stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.