Healthcare stocks rose 0.1% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.2%, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 increased 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Horizon Pharma Inc (HZNP): HZNP stock is up 3.5% today and up 27.7% in the last month.
- Insulet Corp (PODD): PODD stock is up 3.4% today.
- Merrimack Pharmaceuticals Inc (MACK): MACK stock is up 2.5% today.
- Cambrex Corp (CBM): CBM stock is up 2.7% today and up 24.3% in the last month.
- Theravance (THRX): THRX stock is up 2.3% today.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA): ARNA stock is up 2.4% today.
- Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc (ACAD): ACAD stock is up 2.4%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is up 1.5% today.
- Anacor Pharmaceuticals (ANAC): ANAC stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Shire Plc American Depositary Shares (SHPG): SHPG stock is down 2.0% today.
- Hms Holdings Corp (HMSY): HMSY stock is down 1.9% today.
- Merck & Company (MRK): MRK stock is down 1.4% today.
- Wuxi Pharmatech [Cayman] Inc (WX): WX stock is down 1.0% today.
- Universal Health Services (UHS): UHS stock is down 0.8% today.
- Endologix Inc (ELGX): ELGX stock is down 1.1% today.
- Parexel International Corp (PRXL): PRXL stock is down 0.7% today.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (TEVA): TEVA stock is down 0.8% today.
- Astrazeneca Plc (AZN): AZN stock is down 0.7% today.
- Ptc Therapeutics Inc (PTCT): PTCT stock is down 1.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.