Technology stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.3%, the Nasdaq rose 0.8% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.3% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Silicon Motion Technology Corp (SIMO): SIMO stock is up 9.9% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Homeaway Inc (AWAY): AWAY stock is up 4.0% today.
- Cirrus Logic (CRUS): CRUS stock is up 3.0% today.
- Jabil Circuit (JBL): JBL stock is up 2.9% today.
- Synaptics Inc (SYNA): SYNA stock is up 2.8% today.
- Ubiquiti Networks Inc (UBNT): UBNT stock is up 2.7% today.
- Synnex Corp (SNX): SNX stock is up 2.6% today.
- Web.Com Group Inc (WWWW): WWWW stock is up 2.6% today.
- Taser International (TASR): TASR stock is up 2.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Cray Inc (CRAY): CRAY stock is down 1.9% today.
- Qlogic Corp (QLGC): QLGC stock is down 1.2% today.
- Vmware Inc (VMW): VMW stock is down 1.1% today.
- Alcatel Lucent (ALU): ALU stock is down 1.0% today.
- Cae Inc (CAE): CAE stock is down 1.0% today.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSM): TSM stock is down 0.8% today.
- United Microelectronics Corp (UMC): UMC stock is down 0.8% today.
- Computer Sciences Corp (CSC): CSC stock is down 0.8% today.
- Arris Group Inc (ARRS): ARRS stock is down 0.8% today.
- Roper Industries (ROP): ROP stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.