Utilities stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.4% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.6% and the S&P 500 was up 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is up 2.8% today.
- Terraform Power Inc. (TERP): TERP stock is up 2.7% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is up 2.7% today.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is up 2.3% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is up 1.6% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is up 1.5% today.
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is up 1.3% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- PPL Corp (PPL): PPL stock is down 0.9% today.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PCG): PCG stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Westar Energy (WR): WR stock is down 0.6% today.
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is down 0.5% today.
- Vectren Corp (VVC): VVC stock is down 0.3% today.
- Great Plains Energy Inc (GXP): GXP stock is down 0.4% today.
- Southern Company (SO): SO stock is down 0.3% today.
- Alliant Energy Corp (LNT): LNT stock is down 0.3% today.
- Scana Corp (SCG): SCG stock is down 0.3% today.
- Atmos Energy Corp (ATO): ATO stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.