Skype for Business is the company’s replacement program for Lync Online, which is slowly being phased out of use. However, there will be a way to keep Lync’s interface for those who like it.
Here are a few things to know about Skype for Business.
- The new app is part of Microsoft Office.
- Businesses can use the service to communicate with employees and anyone else with a Skype account.
- Skype for Business allows for IT changes to give businesses better control of it.
- The new app will automatically replace Lync in Office 365 by the end of May.
- It includes features for presence, IM, voice calls, video calls and online meetings.
To learn more about Skype for Business, click here.