Energy stocks finished down 0.3% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.3%, the Nasdaq rose 0.2% and the S&P 500 increased 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is up 2.1% today.
- Unit Corp (UNT): UNT stock is up 1.8% today.
- Concho Resources Inc (CXO): CXO stock is up 1.7% today.
- Pdc Energy Inc (PDCE): PDCE stock is up 1.4% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is up 1.3% today.
- Diamondback Energy Inc (FANG): FANG stock is up 1.3% today.
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corp (COG): COG stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Marathon Oil Corp (MRO): MRO stock is up 1.0% today.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is up 0.9% today.
- Petrochina Company Limited (PTR): PTR stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Rosetta Resources Inc (ROSE): ROSE stock is down 2.2% today.
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is down 2.0% today.
- Pioneer Natural Resources Company (PXD): PXD stock is down 1.9% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is down 1.9% today.
- Genesis Energy L.P. (GEL): GEL stock is down 1.8% today.
- Penn West Petroleum Ltd (PWE): PWE stock is down 1.6% today.
- Enerplus Corp (ERF): ERF stock is down 1.4% today.
- Hess Corp (HES): HES stock is down 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is down 1.4% today.
- Martin Midstream Partners L.P. (MMLP): MMLP stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.