Services stocks rose 1.4% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.1%, the Nasdaq climbed 1.3% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.1% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Hertz Global Holdings Inc (HTZ): HTZ stock is up 7.3% today.
- Rite Aid Corp (RAD): RAD stock is up 3.4% today.
- Lithia Motors (LAD): LAD stock is up 2.8% today.
- United Rentals (URI): URI stock is up 2.8% today.
- Lowe’s Companies (LOW): LOW stock is up 2.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Marriot Vacations Worldwide Cor (VAC): VAC stock is up 2.7% today.
- Cedar Fair L.P. (FUN): FUN stock is up 2.5% today.
- Carmax Inc (KMX): KMX stock is up 2.5% today.
- Aircastle Limited (AYR): AYR stock is up 2.5% today.
- Heartland Payment Systems (HPY): HPY stock is up 2.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Tim Participacoes S.A. (TSU): TSU stock is down 2.9% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Philippine Long Distance Telephone (PHI): PHI stock is down 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- American Tower Corp (AMT): AMT stock is down 1.1% today.
- Companhia Brasileira De Distribuicao (CBD): CBD stock is down 1.0% today.
- Rogers Communication (RCI): RCI stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Republic Services (RSG): RSG stock is down 0.9% today.
- Team Health Holdings (TMH): TMH stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment (PEI): PEI stock is down 0.8% today.
- Iesi-Bfc Ltd (BIN): BIN stock is down 0.8% today.
- Post Properties (PPS): PPS stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.