Utilities stocks declined broadly on Wall Street so far on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq climbed 0.2% and the S&P 500 stayed the same.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 1.2% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 1.2% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is up 0.9% today.
- Great Plains Energy Inc (GXP): GXP stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 4.2% today.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is down 2.7% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is down 1.9% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 1.6% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is down 1.7% today.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is down 1.5% today and down 49.5% in the last month.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is down 1.3% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is down 1.5% today.
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.