Utilities stocks finished up 0.4% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.3% higher, the Nasdaq was up 0.4% and the S&P 500 increased 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is up 2.1% today on 3 times normal volume.
- WGL Holdings Inc (WGL): WGL stock is up 1.6% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is up 1.4% today.
- Xcel Energy Inc (XEL): XEL stock is up 1.2% today.
- Cleco Power Llc (CNL): CNL stock is up 1.2% today.
- Great Plains Energy Inc (GXP): GXP stock is up 1.2% today.
- Idacorp Inc (IDA): IDA stock is up 1.1% today.
- Atmos Energy Corp (ATO): ATO stock is up 1.0% today.
- Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (EPD): EPD stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 4.0% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 3.6% today.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is down 2.0% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is down 2.0% today.
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is down 1.7% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is down 0.7% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is down 0.7% today.
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York (ED): ED stock is down 0.7% today.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is down 0.6% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.