Basic materials stocks finished up 1.0% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.0%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.5% higher and the S&P 500 rose 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Olin Corp (OLN): OLN stock is up 3.1% today.
- Sealed Air Corp (SEE): SEE stock is up 2.9% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is up 2.7% today and up 21.4% in the last month.
- Kronos Worldwide Inc (KRO): KRO stock is up 2.6% today.
- Mueller Industries (MLI): MLI stock is up 2.5% today.
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is up 2.5% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is up 2.4% today.
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is up 2.3% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is up 2.2% today.
- Wd-40 Company (WDFC): WDFC stock is up 2.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Aurico Gold Inc (AUQ): AUQ stock is down 1.3% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 1.1% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is down 0.5% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is down 0.5% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is down 0.5% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is down 0.4% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is down 0.4% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 0.4% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 0.4% today.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.