Consumer noncyclical stocks finished up 0.8% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.3%, the Nasdaq increased 1.2% and the S&P 500 rose 1.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Industrias Bachoco S.A. De C.V. (IBA): IBA stock is up 3.3% today.
- Avon Products (AVP): AVP stock is up 2.7% today.
- Fomento Economico Mexicano S.A.B. De C.V. (FMX): FMX stock is up 2.4% today.
- Brown Forman Inc A (BF.A): BF.A stock is up 2.0% today.
- Newell Rubbermaid Inc (NWL): NWL stock is up 1.9% today.
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corp (PPC): PPC stock is up 1.8% today.
- Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM): ADM stock is up 1.8% today.
- Brown Forman Inc B (BF.B): BF.B stock is up 1.7% today.
- Fresh Del Monte Produce (FDP): FDP stock is up 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Pepsico Inc (PEP): PEP stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Cal-Maine Foods (CALM): CALM stock is down 1.1% today.
- Tootsie Roll Industries (TR): TR stock is down 0.6% today.
- United Natural Foods (UNFI): UNFI stock is down 0.6% today.
- Hain Celestial Group (HAIN): HAIN stock is down 0.5% today.
- B&G Foods Holdings (BGS): BGS stock is down 0.5% today.
- Lancaster Colony Corp (LANC): LANC stock is down 0.4% today.
- Mead Johnson Nutrition Company (MJN): MJN stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.