Utilities stocks advanced 0.2% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq was down 0.1% and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 1.8% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is up 0.8% today.
- Nextera Energy (NEE): NEE stock is up 0.7% today.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is up 0.5% today.
- Edison International (EIX): EIX stock is up 0.5% today.
- Firstenergy Corp (FE): FE stock is up 0.5% today.
- Great Plains Energy Inc (GXP): GXP stock is up 0.6% today.
- Sempra Energy (SRE): SRE stock is up 0.5% today.
- Northwest Natural Gas Company (NWN): NWN stock is up 0.1% today.
- Integrys Energy Group (TEG): TEG stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is down 4.6% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is down 2.4% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 2.3% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 1.8% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is down 1.0% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is down 1.5% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 1.5% today.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is down 1.3% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is down 1.3% today.
- Empire District Electric Company (EDE): EDE stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.