Utilities stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.9%, the Nasdaq was up 1.6% and the S&P 500 increased 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 3.3% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 2.4% today.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is up 2.0% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is up 1.5% today.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is up 1.5% today.
- American Electric Power Company (AEP): AEP stock is up 1.3% today.
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is up 1.1% today.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PCG): PCG stock is up 1.1% today.
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is up 1.0% today.
- Enersis S A (ENI): ENI stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): NFG stock is down 0.6% today.
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is down 0.4% today.
- Nextera Energy (NEE): NEE stock is down 0.2% today.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is down 0.2% today.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.