Consumer cyclical stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.3% and the S&P 500 rose 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Columbia Sportswear Company (COLM): COLM stock is up 4.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Gildan Activewear (GIL): GIL stock is up 2.3% today.
- Polaris Industries Inc (PII): PII stock is up 2.3% today.
- Deckers Outdoor Corp (DECK): DECK stock is up 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Oxford Industries (OXM): OXM stock is up 2.1% today.
- Sturm Ruger & Company (RGR): RGR stock is up 2.0% today.
- Knoll Inc (KNL): KNL stock is up 1.9% today.
- Steelcase Inc (SCS): SCS stock is up 1.9% today.
- Skechers U.S.A. (SKX): SKX stock is up 1.8% today.
- Tenneco Automotive (TEN): TEN stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Arvinmeritor (MTOR): MTOR stock is down 0.9% today.
- General Motors Company (GM): GM stock is down 0.8% today.
- Gentherm Inc (THRM): THRM stock is down 0.4% today.
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (GT): GT stock is down 0.4% today.
- Paccar Inc (PCAR): PCAR stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.