Energy stocks rose 1.3% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.5%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.7% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is up 3.4% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is up 3.0% today.
- Magellan Midstream Partners L.P. (MMP): MMP stock is up 3.0% today.
- Southwestern Energy Company (SWN): SWN stock is up 2.9% today.
- Synergy Resources Cp (SYRG): SYRG stock is up 2.7% today.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is up 2.5% today.
- Carbo Ceramics (CRR): CRR stock is up 2.4% today.
- Dril-Quip (DRQ): DRQ stock is up 2.4% today.
- Advantage Oil & Gas Ltd (AAV): AAV stock is up 2.4% today.
- IHS Inc (IHS): IHS stock is up 2.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Targa Resources Partners LP (NGLS): NGLS stock is down 2.2% today.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is down 1.0% today.
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is down 0.8% today.
- Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE): CVE stock is down 0.8% today.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is down 0.7% today.
- Pengrowth Energy Corp (PGH): PGH stock is down 0.4% today.
- Eog Resources (EOG): EOG stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.