Utilities stocks finished down on Wall Street on Tuesday, down 1.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq declined 0.3% and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is up 0.8% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is up 0.6% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is up 0.4% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is up 0.4% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is up 0.4% today.
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is up 0.3% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is up 0.2% today.
- Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE): HE stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is down 2.4% today.
- Edison International (EIX): EIX stock is down 2.0% today.
- Laclede Group (LG): LG stock is down 2.0% today.
- Portland General Electric Company (POR): POR stock is down 1.7% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is down 1.7% today.
- Firstenergy Corp (FE): FE stock is down 1.7% today.
- Atmos Energy Corp (ATO): ATO stock is down 1.6% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is down 1.5% today.
- Great Plains Energy Inc (GXP): GXP stock is down 1.5% today.
- American Electric Power Company (AEP): AEP stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.