Utilities stocks finished down on Wall Street today, down 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.6%, the Nasdaq was down 1.0% and the S&P 500 fell 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is up 0.8% today.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is up 0.8% today.
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP): BIP stock is up 0.6% today.
- Allete Inc (ALE): ALE stock is up 0.6% today.
- Piedmont Natural Gas Company (PNY): PNY stock is up 0.4% today.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is up 0.2% today.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is up 0.1% today.
- Northwest Natural Gas Company (NWN): NWN stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is down 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 1.2% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is down 1.1% today.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is down 1.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is down 0.9% today.
- Sempra Energy (SRE): SRE stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Enersis S A (ENI): ENI stock is down 0.8% today.
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE): HE stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.