Utilities stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.8%, the Nasdaq declined 0.8% and the S&P 500 was down 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is up 0.7% today.
- Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (EPD): EPD stock is up 0.2% today.
- Enersis S A (ENI): ENI stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is down 2.1% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is down 1.9% today.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is down 1.7% today.
- Allete Inc (ALE): ALE stock is down 1.6% today.
- Vectren Corp (VVC): VVC stock is down 1.6% today.
- Idacorp Inc (IDA): IDA stock is down 1.6% today.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is down 1.5% today.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is down 1.5% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is down 1.5% today.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.