Utilities stocks declined 1.2% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq declined 0.1% and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is up 1.9% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is up 1.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE): HE stock is up 0.7% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is up 0.7% today.
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is up 0.5% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is up 0.4% today.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is up 0.4% today.
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is up 0.4% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is up 0.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Oge Energy Corp (OGE): OGE stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is down 2.3% today.
- Entergy Corp (ETR): ETR stock is down 2.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Teco Energy (TE): TE stock is down 1.9% today.
- Duke Energy Corp (DUK): DUK stock is down 1.8% today.
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York (ED): ED stock is down 1.8% today.
- Agl Resources (GAS): GAS stock is down 1.8% today.
- Atmos Energy Corp (ATO): ATO stock is down 1.7% today.
- Nextera Energy (NEE): NEE stock is down 1.6% today.
- Scana Corp (SCG): SCG stock is down 1.6% today.
- American Electric Power Company (AEP): AEP stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.