Capital goods stocks finished up 0.5% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.3%, the Nasdaq increased 0.3% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.3% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- NCI Building Systems (NCS): NCS stock is up 3.5% today on 7 times normal volume.
- Msc Industrial Direct Company (MSM): MSM stock is up 2.0% today.
- Manitowoc Company (MTW): MTW stock is up 2.0% today.
- Emcor Group (EME): EME stock is up 1.8% today.
- Sensata Technologies Holding N.V. (ST): ST stock is up 1.6% today.
- Spirit Aerosystems Holdings (SPR): SPR stock is up 1.6% today.
- Barnes Group (B): B stock is up 1.3% today.
- Moog Inc (MOG.A): MOG.A stock is up 1.2% today.
- Teledyne Technologies Inc (TDY): TDY stock is up 1.2% today.
- Toll Brothers Inc (TOL): TOL stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Cemex S.A.B. De C.V. Sponsored (CX): CX stock is down 2.2% today.
- Headwaters Inc (HW): HW stock is down 2.1% today.
- Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V. (CBI): CBI stock is down 1.9% today.
- Eagle Materials Inc (EXP): EXP stock is down 1.3% today.
- Martin Marietta Materials (MLM): MLM stock is down 1.0% today.
- Joy Global Inc (JOY): JOY stock is down 0.8% today.
- KBR Inc (KBR): KBR stock is down 0.6% today.
- Raytheon Company (RTN): RTN stock is down 0.6% today.
- Terex Corp (TEX): TEX stock is down 0.5% today.
- Primoris Services Corp (PRIM): PRIM stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.