Energy stocks finished down on Wall Street on Wednesday, down 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.2% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.3% and the S&P 500 increased 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Tidewater Inc (TDW): TDW stock is up 2.3% today.
- Totalfinaelf S.A. (TOT): TOT stock is up 1.4% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Suburban Propane Partners L.P. (SPH): SPH stock is up 1.4% today.
- Exterran Holdings (EXH): EXH stock is up 1.4% today.
- Williams Companies (WMB): WMB stock is up 1.3% today.
- Sunoco L.P. (SUN): SUN stock is up 1.3% today.
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is up 1.2% today.
- Targa Resources Partners LP (NGLS): NGLS stock is up 1.2% today.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is up 1.2% today.
- Imperial Oil Limited (IMO): IMO stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is down 5.2% today on 6 times normal volume.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is down 3.0% today.
- Pdc Energy Inc (PDCE): PDCE stock is down 2.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Apache Corp (APA): APA stock is down 2.3% today.
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is down 2.3% today.
- Bristow Group Inc (BRS): BRS stock is down 2.2% today.
- Gulfport Energy Corp (GPOR): GPOR stock is down 1.9% today.
- Bonanza Creek Energy Inc (BCEI): BCEI stock is down 1.9% today.
- BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust (BPT): BPT stock is down 1.6% today.
- Nustar Gp Holdings Llc (NSH): NSH stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.