Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.5%, the Nasdaq increased 0.5% and the S&P 500 was up 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 8.2% today.
- Willis Group Holdings (WSH): WSH stock is up 6.3% today.
- Noah Holdings Ltd (NOAH): NOAH stock is up 4.3% today.
- ING Group N.V. (ING): ING stock is up 3.6% today.
- China Life Insurance Company Limited (LFC): LFC stock is up 3.5% today.
- Virtus Investment Partners (VRTS): VRTS stock is up 2.3% today.
- Lazard Ltd (LAZ): LAZ stock is up 2.2% today.
- Bgc Partners (BGCP): BGCP stock is up 2.0% today.
- Aegon Nv (AEG): AEG stock is up 1.9% today.
- Banco Santander (SAN): SAN stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is down 12.2% today and down 37.6% in the last month.
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is down 5.4% today.
- Flagstar Bancorp (FBC): FBC stock is down 1.7% today.
- Kcg Holdings Inc (KCG): KCG stock is down 1.2% today.
- Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO): AGO stock is down 0.7%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is down 0.8% today.
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is down 0.4% today.
- White Mountains Insurance Group (WTM): WTM stock is down 0.5% today.
- Western Alliance Bancorporation (WAL): WAL stock is down 0.4% today.
- Fidelity National Information Services (FIS): FIS stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.