Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq was down 0.7% and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is up 2.4% today.
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is up 2.3% today.
- Bancorpsouth Inc (BXS): BXS stock is up 2.1% today.
- Lazard Ltd (LAZ): LAZ stock is up 1.8% today.
- Tfs Financial Corp (TFSL): TFSL stock is up 1.9% today on 5 times normal volume.
- Firstmerit Corp (FMER): FMER stock is up 1.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Mitsubishi Ufj Financial Group Inc (MTU): MTU stock is up 1.4% today.
- Horace Mann Educators Corp (HMN): HMN stock is up 1.5% today.
- Synovus Financial Corp (SNV): SNV stock is up 1.4% today.
- Sterling Bancorp (STL): STL stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is down 2.6% today.
- Green Dot Corp (GDOT): GDOT stock is down 2.1% today.
- Cigna Corp (CI): CI stock is down 2.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Health Net Inc (HNT): HNT stock is down 2.1% today.
- Tortoise MLP Fund (NTG): NTG stock is down 1.9% today.
- Clearbridge Energy MLP Fund Inc (CEM): CEM stock is down 1.9% today.
- Molina Healthcare Inc (MOH): MOH stock is down 1.8% today.
- Umpqua Holdings Corp (UMPQ): UMPQ stock is down 1.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Beneficial Mutual Bancorp (BNCL): BNCL stock is down 1.7% today on 8 times normal volume.
- Aetna Inc (AET): AET stock is down 1.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.