Healthcare stocks rose 1.2% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.2%, the Nasdaq climbed 1.3% and the S&P 500 increased 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Baxter International Inc (BAX): BAX stock is up 3.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- The Ensign Group (ENSG): ENSG stock is up 2.8% today.
- Owens & Minor (OMI): OMI stock is up 2.5% today.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX): PCRX stock is up 2.4% today.
- Abiomed (ABMD): ABMD stock is up 2.4% today.
- Sanofi-Aventis Sa (SNY): SNY stock is up 2.4% today.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is up 2.3% today.
- Wellcare Group (WCG): WCG stock is up 2.3% today.
- Henry Schein (HSIC): HSIC stock is up 2.3% today.
- Acadia Healthcare Company Inc (ACHC): ACHC stock is up 2.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Immunogen (IMGN): IMGN stock is down 0.8% today.
- Ziopharm Oncology Inc (ZIOP): ZIOP stock is down 0.6% today.
- Amerisourcebergen Corp (ABC): ABC stock is down 0.3% today.
- Heartware International (HTWR): HTWR stock is down 0.3% today.
- Endologix Inc (ELGX): ELGX stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.