Energy stocks declined broadly on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.8%, the Nasdaq rose 1.0% and the S&P 500 increased 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is up 1.9% today.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is up 1.1% today.
- Delek US Holdings (DK): DK stock is up 1.3% today.
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is up 0.9% today.
- Williams Companies (WMB): WMB stock is up 0.8% today.
- Amerigas Partners L.P. (APU): APU stock is up 0.7% today.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is up 0.8% today.
- Ferrellgas Partners L.P. (FGP): FGP stock is up 0.5% today.
- Tesoro Petroleum Corp (TSO): TSO stock is up 0.5% today.
- Suncor Energy Inc (SU): SU stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is down 3.5% today.
- Seadrill Limited (SDRL): SDRL stock is down 3.1% today.
- Rowan Companies (RDC): RDC stock is down 2.8% today.
- Tidewater Inc (TDW): TDW stock is down 3.2% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is down 3.1% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is down 3.2% today.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is down 2.7% today.
- Ensco Plc (ESV): ESV stock is down 2.4% today.
- Noble Corp (NE): NE stock is down 2.5% today.
- RPC Inc (RES): RES stock is down 2.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.