Services stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 1.7%, the Nasdaq fell 1.7% and the S&P 500 was down 1.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Barnes & Noble (BKS): BKS stock is up 1.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- International Game Technology (IGT): IGT stock is up 0.9% today.
- Weingarten Realty Investors (WRI): WRI stock is up 0.6% today.
- Vipshop Holdings Limited (VIPS): VIPS stock is up 0.5% today.
- National Health Investors (NHI): NHI stock is up 0.5% today.
- Public Storage (PSA): PSA stock is up 0.3% today.
- Buckle Inc (BKE): BKE stock is up 0.5% today.
- Sovran Self Storage (SSS): SSS stock is up 0.2% today.
- Weis Markets (WMK): WMK stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Tim Participacoes S.A. (TSU): TSU stock is down 5.0% today.
- China Telecom Corp Ltd (CHA): CHA stock is down 5.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Companhia Brasileira De Distribuicao (CBD): CBD stock is down 4.8% today and down 21.5% in the last month.
- Metaldyne Performance Group Inc (MPG): MPG stock is down 4.6% today.
- Box Inc (BOX): BOX stock is down 4.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Tiffany & Co. (TIF): TIF stock is down 4.5% today.
- Avis Budget Group (CAR): CAR stock is down 4.5% today.
- Dreamworks Animation Skg (DWA): DWA stock is down 4.3% today.
- Builders Firstsource (BLDR): BLDR stock is down 4.3% today.
- Scientific Games Corp (SGMS): SGMS stock is down 4.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.