Utilities stocks remained flat so far on Wednesday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.9%, the Nasdaq was down 1.0% and the S&P 500 fell 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is up 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is up 1.1% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 0.6% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 0.6% today.
- Cleco Power Llc (CNL): CNL stock is up 0.4% today.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is up 0.2% today.
- Northwest Natural Gas Company (NWN): NWN stock is up 0.3% today.
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York (ED): ED stock is up 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Westar Energy (WR): WR stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is down 1.9% today.
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is down 1.5% today.
- Enersis S A (ENI): ENI stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is down 1.6% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is down 1.4% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 1.3% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Oge Energy Corp (OGE): OGE stock is down 1.2% today.
- Northwestern Corp (NWE): NWE stock is down 0.9% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.