Utilities stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street so far on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.1%, the Nasdaq was up 1.2% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.1% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 3.4% today.
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is up 2.5% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 2.0% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is up 1.7% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is up 1.5% today.
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is up 1.4% today.
- Enersis S A (ENI): ENI stock is up 1.3% today.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is up 0.8% today.
- Otter Tail Corp (OTTR): OTTR stock is up 1.2% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is down 1.6% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is down 0.8% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is down 0.3% today.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is down 0.3% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.