Utilities stocks remained flat so far on Wednesday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.8%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.9% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.8% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 1.4% today.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is up 1.5% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is up 0.6% today.
- Aqua America (WTR): WTR stock is up 0.9% today.
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is up 0.8% today.
- Northwest Natural Gas Company (NWN): NWN stock is up 0.7% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is up 0.6% today.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is up 0.4% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is up 0.6% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 1.6% today.
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is down 1.7% today.
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is down 1.4% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 0.3% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is down 0.6%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is down 1.1% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is down 0.9% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.