Energy stocks finished down on Wall Street today, down 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.1%, the Nasdaq increased 0.5% and the S&P 500 declined 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Murphy Oil Corp (MUR): MUR stock is up 2.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Eog Resources (EOG): EOG stock is up 1.0% today.
- Occidental Petroleum Corp (OXY): OXY stock is up 0.8% today.
- Enbridge Energy L.P. (EEP): EEP stock is up 0.4% today.
- Marathon Oil Corp (MRO): MRO stock is up 0.5% today.
- Hess Corp (HES): HES stock is up 0.5% today.
- Anadarko Petroleum Corp (APC): APC stock is up 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is up 0.7% today.
- Totalfinaelf S.A. (TOT): TOT stock is up 0.5% today.
- Amerigas Partners L.P. (APU): APU stock is up 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Baytex Energy Corp (BTE): BTE stock is down 3.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is down 3.7% today.
- Tesoro Logistics LP Common Unit (TLLP): TLLP stock is down 3.5% today.
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is down 3.5% today.
- Rowan Companies (RDC): RDC stock is down 2.7% today.
- Unit Corp (UNT): UNT stock is down 2.7% today.
- Halliburton Company (HAL): HAL stock is down 2.3% today.
- Enerplus Corp (ERF): ERF stock is down 2.4% today.
- Petrochina Company Limited (PTR): PTR stock is down 2.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.