Financial stocks finished down on Wall Street today, down 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.6%, the Nasdaq fell 0.8% and the S&P 500 was down 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Marketaxess Holdings (MKTX): MKTX stock is up 1.5% today.
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is up 1.2% today.
- Clearbridge Energy MLP Fund Inc (CEM): CEM stock is up 0.9% today.
- General Electric Company (GE): GE stock is up 0.8% today.
- Lloyds Banking Group Plc (LYG): LYG stock is up 0.6% today on 5 times normal volume.
- Alliance Capital Management L.P. (AB): AB stock is up 1.0% today.
- Amtrust Financial Services (AFSI): AFSI stock is up 0.6% today.
- Gramercy Capital Corp. (GPT): GPT stock is up 0.5% today.
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is up 0.3% today.
- Stancorp Financial Group (SFG): SFG stock is up 0.4% today on 6 times normal volume.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Kayne Anderson MLP Investment Company (KYN): KYN stock is down 3.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- SLM Corp (SLM): SLM stock is down 2.8% today.
- Comerica Inc (CMA): CMA stock is down 2.6% today.
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is down 2.6% today.
- Alliance Data Systems Corp (ADS): ADS stock is down 2.6% today.
- Encore Capital Group Inc (ECPG): ECPG stock is down 2.5% today.
- Onebeacon Insurance Group (OB): OB stock is down 2.4% today.
- Kcg Holdings Inc (KCG): KCG stock is down 2.3% today.
- Calamos Strategic Total Return Fund (CSQ): CSQ stock is down 2.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Banco Latinoamericano De Comercio (BLX): BLX stock is down 2.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.