Utilities stocks finished up 1.0% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq fell 0.1% and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is up 2.3% today.
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is up 1.9% today.
- WGL Holdings Inc (WGL): WGL stock is up 1.7% today on 4 times normal volume.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is up 1.4% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is up 1.4% today.
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is up 1.5% today.
- Vectren Corp (VVC): VVC stock is up 1.4% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Northwest Natural Gas Company (NWN): NWN stock is up 1.4% today.
- Southwest Gas Corp (SWX): SWX stock is up 1.2% today.
- Idacorp Inc (IDA): IDA stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Terraform Power Inc. (TERP): TERP stock is down 2.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): NFG stock is down 1.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Potomac Electric Power Company (POM): POM stock is down 0.7% today.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is down 0.3% today.
- Ugi Corp (UGI): UGI stock is down 0.2% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is down 0.3% today.
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.