Capital goods stocks finished up 0.6% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.3%, the Nasdaq rose 0.8% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Comfort Systems USA (FIX): FIX stock is up 2.3% today and up 24.6% in the last month.
- Lincoln Electric Holdings (LECO): LECO stock is up 1.9% today.
- Fluor Corp (FLR): FLR stock is up 1.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Vulcan Materials Company (VMC): VMC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Flowserve Corp (FLS): FLS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Kennametal Inc (KMT): KMT stock is up 1.4% today.
- Raytheon Company (RTN): RTN stock is up 1.1% today.
- Idex Corp (IEX): IEX stock is up 1.1% today.
- Tennant Company (TNC): TNC stock is up 1.2% today.
- The Middleby Corp (MIDD): MIDD stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Mastec Inc (MTZ): MTZ stock is down 4.0% today.
- Cemex S.A.B. De C.V. Sponsored (CX): CX stock is down 2.1% today.
- Joy Global Inc (JOY): JOY stock is down 2.0% today.
- Lennar Corp (LEN.B): LEN.B stock is down 1.4% today.
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is down 1.8% today.
- Trinity Industries (TRN): TRN stock is down 1.2% today.
- Manitowoc Company (MTW): MTW stock is down 1.1% today.
- KBR Inc (KBR): KBR stock is down 1.1% today.
- KB Home (KBH): KBH stock is down 0.9% today.
- Beacon Roofing Supply (BECN): BECN stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.