Consumer noncyclical stocks declined 3.7% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average sank 4.1%, the Nasdaq fell 2.9% and the S&P 500 plummeted 4.1%.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Seaboard Corp (SEB): SEB stock is down 6.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Owens Corning Inc (OC): OC stock is down 5.4% today.
- Embotell Andina Sa A (AKO.A): AKO.A stock is down 4.9% today.
- Ecolab Inc (ECL): ECL stock is down 4.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Estee Lauder Companies (EL): EL stock is down 4.1% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Darling International Inc (DAR): DAR stock is down 4.0% today.
- Cal-Maine Foods (CALM): CALM stock is down 4.0%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Revlon Inc (REV): REV stock is down 3.9% today.
- Clorox Company (CLX): CLX stock is down 3.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- The Whitewave Foods Company (WWAV): WWAV stock is down 3.8% today on 3 times normal volume.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.