Healthcare stocks fell broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq fell 0.4% and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Kindred Healthcare (KND): KND stock is up 9.1% today.
- Nxstage Medical (NXTM): NXTM stock is up 7.1% today.
- Sucampo Pharmaceuticals (SCMP): SCMP stock is up 5.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Repligen Corp (RGEN): RGEN stock is up 5.8% today.
- Emergent Biosolutions (EBS): EBS stock is up 3.9% today.
- Idexx Laboratories (IDXX): IDXX stock is up 3.0% today and up 23.7% in the last month.
- Amedisys Inc (AMED): AMED stock is up 2.3% today.
- Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK): GSK stock is up 2.3% today.
- Merit Medical Systems (MMSI): MMSI stock is up 1.3% today and up 20.5% in the last month.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Amicus Therapeutics (FOLD): FOLD stock is down 7.6% today.
- Parexel International Corp (PRXL): PRXL stock is down 4.9% today.
- Bio-Reference Laboratories (BRLI): BRLI stock is down 3.4% today.
- Opko Health Inc (OPK): OPK stock is down 3.4% today.
- Momenta Pharmaceuticals (MNTA): MNTA stock is down 3.2% today.
- Novo Nordisk A/S (NVO): NVO stock is down 2.8% today.
- The Ensign Group (ENSG): ENSG stock is down 2.5% today.
- Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX): NBIX stock is down 2.2% today.
- Theravance (THRX): THRX stock is down 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is down 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.