Healthcare stocks finished up 1.9% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 2.4%, the Nasdaq was up 2.4% and the S&P 500 increased 2.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is up 7.2% today.
- Heartware International (HTWR): HTWR stock is up 5.4% today.
- Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX): NBIX stock is up 5.3% today.
- Horizon Pharma Inc (HZNP): HZNP stock is up 5.4% today.
- Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA): ARIA stock is up 4.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Teleflex Inc (TFX): TFX stock is up 4.1% today.
- Shire Plc American Depositary Shares (SHPG): SHPG stock is up 4.0% today.
- Kindred Healthcare (KND): KND stock is up 3.7% today.
- Edwards Lifesciences Corp (EW): EW stock is up 3.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Abbott Laboratories (ABT): ABT stock is up 3.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Tornier N.V. (TRNX): TRNX stock is down 0.7% today.
- Resmed Inc (RMD): RMD stock is down 0.3% today.
- Icon Plc (ICLR): ICLR stock is down 0.1% today.
- Wright Medical Group (WMGI): WMGI stock is down 0.1% today.
- Icu Medical (ICUI): ICUI stock is down 0.2% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.