Healthcare stocks finished up 1.9% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 2.4%, the Nasdaq was up 2.4% and the S&P 500 increased 2.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is up 7.2% today.
- Heartware International (HTWR): HTWR stock is up 5.4% today.
- Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX): NBIX stock is up 5.3% today.
- Horizon Pharma Inc (HZNP): HZNP stock is up 5.4% today.
- Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA): ARIA stock is up 4.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Teleflex Inc (TFX): TFX stock is up 4.1% today.
- Shire Plc American Depositary Shares (SHPG): SHPG stock is up 4.0% today.
- Kindred Healthcare (KND): KND stock is up 3.7% today.
- Edwards Lifesciences Corp (EW): EW stock is up 3.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Abbott Laboratories (ABT): ABT stock is up 3.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Tornier N.V. (TRNX): TRNX stock is down 0.7% today.
- Resmed Inc (RMD): RMD stock is down 0.3% today.
- Icon Plc (ICLR): ICLR stock is down 0.1% today.
- Wright Medical Group (WMGI): WMGI stock is down 0.1% today.
- Icu Medical (ICUI): ICUI stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.