Utilities stocks rose 0.4% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.5%, the Nasdaq was up 1.9% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.5% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is up 3.9% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 3.6% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 3.1% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is up 3.0% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 2.4% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is up 2.5% today.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is up 2.6% today.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is up 2.3% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is up 2.3% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Terraform Power Inc (TERP): TERP stock is down 2.8% today.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is down 0.7% today.
- Atmos Energy Corp (ATO): ATO stock is down 0.3% today.
- WGL Holdings Inc (WGL): WGL stock is down 0.3% today.
- Allete Inc (ALE): ALE stock is down 0.3% today.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is down 0.2% today.
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.