Energy stocks declined on Wall Street today, down 1.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq declined 0.1% and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Questar Corp (STR): STR stock is up 2.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Suburban Propane Partners L.P. (SPH): SPH stock is up 1.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Plains All American Pipeline L.P. (PAA): PAA stock is up 1.3% today.
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is up 0.9% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 0.5% today.
- Tesoro Petroleum Corp (TSO): TSO stock is up 0.8% today.
- Enbridge Energy L.P. (EEP): EEP stock is up 0.5% today.
- Eni S.P.A. (E): E stock is up 0.5% today.
- Amerigas Partners L.P. (APU): APU stock is up 0.4% today.
- Enbridge Energy Management Llc (EEQ): EEQ stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is down 6.1% today.
- Exterran Holdings (EXH): EXH stock is down 6.1% today.
- Range Resources Corp (RRC): RRC stock is down 5.9% today.
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is down 5.8% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is down 5.9% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is down 5.4% today.
- Superior Energy Services (SPN): SPN stock is down 5.5% today.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is down 5.4% today.
- Marathon Oil Corp (MRO): MRO stock is down 5.4% today.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is down 5.5% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.