Healthcare stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq declined 0.1% and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Endo Pharmaceuticals Holdings Inc (ENDP): ENDP stock is up 2.5% today.
- Newlink Genetics Corp (NLNK): NLNK stock is up 2.2% today.
- Idexx Laboratories (IDXX): IDXX stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Impax Laboratories (IPXL): IPXL stock is up 1.7% today.
- Amgen Inc (AMGN): AMGN stock is up 1.6% today.
- Charles River Laboratories Intl (CRL): CRL stock is up 1.5% today.
- Centene Corp (CNC): CNC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Parexel International Corp (PRXL): PRXL stock is up 1.2% today.
- Heartware International (HTWR): HTWR stock is up 1.1% today.
- Horizon Pharma Inc (HZNP): HZNP stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Lexicon Pharmaceuticals (LXRX): LXRX stock is down 5.6% today.
- Merrimack Pharmaceuticals Inc (MACK): MACK stock is down 5.5% today.
- Anacor Pharmaceuticals (ANAC): ANAC stock is down 3.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Brookdale Senior Living Inc (BKD): BKD stock is down 3.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Msa Safety Inc. (MSA): MSA stock is down 2.9% today.
- Tornier N.V. (TRNX): TRNX stock is down 2.7% today.
- Wright Medical Group (WMGI): WMGI stock is down 2.6% today.
- Taro Pharm Inds (TARO): TARO stock is down 2.5% today.
- Biogen Idec Inc (BIIB): BIIB stock is down 2.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Incyte Corp (INCY): INCY stock is down 2.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.