Utilities stocks advanced 1.8% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 2.2%, the Nasdaq jumped 3.0% and the S&P 500 increased 2.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is up 5.8% today.
- Enersis S A (ENI): ENI stock is up 4.9% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is up 4.6% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is up 4.5% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is up 4.4% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is up 4.1% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is up 4.2% today.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is up 3.8% today.
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP): BIP stock is up 3.7% today.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is up 3.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Piedmont Natural Gas Company (PNY): PNY stock is down 1.9% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is down 1.6% today and down 24.6% in the last month.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.