Utilities stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.3%, the Nasdaq rose 0.8% and the S&P 500 increased 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Aqua America (WTR): WTR stock is up 1.7% today.
- Allete Inc (ALE): ALE stock is up 1.4% today.
- Mge Energy Inc (MGEE): MGEE stock is up 1.4% today.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is up 1.4% today.
- Dominion Resources (D): D stock is up 1.3% today.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is up 1.0% today.
- Great Plains Energy Inc (GXP): GXP stock is up 1.0% today.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is up 1.0% today.
- Northwestern Corp (NWE): NWE stock is up 1.0% today.
- Empire District Electric Company (EDE): EDE stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is down 5.8% today.
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is down 4.9%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is down 4.3% today and down 54.5% in the last month.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is down 2.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is down 2.1% today.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is down 1.8% today.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is down 1.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is down 1.4% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is down 1.1% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.