Consumer noncyclical stocks rose 1.2% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.2%, the Nasdaq rose 1.2% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Dean Foods Company (DF): DF stock is up 2.8% today.
- Philip Morris International Inc (PM): PM stock is up 1.8% today.
- Brown Forman Inc A (BF.A): BF.A stock is up 1.7% today.
- Tupperware Corp (TUP): TUP stock is up 1.7% today.
- Anheuser-Busch Inbev Sa (BUD): BUD stock is up 1.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Clorox Company (CLX): CLX stock is up 1.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Campbell Soup Company (CPB): CPB stock is up 1.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Estee Lauder Companies (EL): EL stock is up 1.3% today.
- British American Tobacco Industries (BTI): BTI stock is up 1.3% today.
- Revlon Inc (REV): REV stock is up 1.3% today.
Only one stock in the consumer noncyclical sectors showed losses:
- Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE): CCE stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.