Energy stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.4%, the Nasdaq declined 1.1% and the S&P 500 was down 1.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 2.0% today.
- Suburban Propane Partners L.P. (SPH): SPH stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Marathon Oil Corp (MRO): MRO stock is down 8.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is down 8.5% today.
- Ngl Energy Partners LP (NGL): NGL stock is down 5.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Continental Resources (CLR): CLR stock is down 5.7% today.
- Superior Energy Services (SPN): SPN stock is down 5.5% today.
- Atwood Oceanics (ATW): ATW stock is down 5.3% today.
- Nabors Industries (NBR): NBR stock is down 5.3% today.
- Noble Corp (NE): NE stock is down 5.3% today.
- Oceaneering International (OII): OII stock is down 5.1% today.
- Seadrill Ltd (SDRL): SDRL stock is down 4.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.