Financial stocks rose 1.5% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.8% higher, the Nasdaq rose 2.3% and the S&P 500 increased 1.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Hudson City Bancorp (HCBK): HCBK stock is up 7.1% today on 18 times normal volume.
- The Blackstone Group L.P. (BX): BX stock is up 5.3% today.
- Clearbridge Energy MLP Fund Inc (CEM): CEM stock is up 4.4% today.
- KKR & Co. L.P. (KKR): KKR stock is up 4.0% today.
- Bank of Montreal (BMO): BMO stock is up 3.6% today.
- Interactive Brokers Group (IBKR): IBKR stock is up 3.5% today.
- Sei Investments Company (SEIC): SEIC stock is up 3.4% today.
- Molina Healthcare Inc (MOH): MOH stock is up 3.2% today.
- First Financial Bancorp (FFBC): FFBC stock is up 3.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Intercontinental Exchange (ICE): ICE stock is up 3.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is down 1.9% today.
- Duff & Phelps Utilities Income (DNP): DNP stock is down 1.4% today on 3 times normal volume.
- SLM Corp (SLM): SLM stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is down 0.9% today.
- Axis Capital Holdings (AXS): AXS stock is down 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Torchmark Corp (TMK): TMK stock is down 0.5% today.
- White Mountains Insurance Group (WTM): WTM stock is down 0.4% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Alliancebernstein Income Fund Inc (ACG): ACG stock is down 0.3% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Gramercy Capital Corp (GPT): GPT stock is down 0.2% today.
- Aspen Insurance Holdings (AHL): AHL stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.