Services stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.4%, the Nasdaq rose 1.6% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Advance Auto Parts Inc (AAP): AAP stock is up 10.2% today.
- Ultrapar Participacoes S.A. (UGP): UGP stock is up 5.1% today.
- Tal Education Group (XRS): XRS stock is up 4.2% today.
- Vipshop Holdings Ltd (VIPS): VIPS stock is up 4.7% today.
- Level 3 Communications (LVLT): LVLT stock is up 4.2% today.
- Asbury Automotive Group Inc (ABG): ABG stock is up 3.9% today.
- Sprint Corporation (S): S stock is up 4.0% today.
- Madison Square Garden (MSG): MSG stock is up 4.5% today.
- Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG): IHG stock is up 3.6% today.
- Penn National Gaming (PENN): PENN stock is up 2.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Discovery Communications Inc (DISCB): DISCB stock is down 16.6% today and down 26.2% in the last month.
- Gap Inc (GPS): GPS stock is down 6.7% today.
- Nortel Inversora Sa ADR (NTL): NTL stock is down 1.7% today.
- Zillow Inc. (Z): Z stock is down 0.9% today.
- E.W. Scripps Company (SSP): SSP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Invesco Mortgage Capital Inc (IVR): IVR stock is down 0.7% today.
- Two Harbors Investments Corp (TWO): TWO stock is down 0.7% today.
- Dct Industrial Trust Inc (DCT): DCT stock is down 0.9% today.
- Dupont Fabros Technology (DFT): DFT stock is down 1.0% today.
- Discovery Communications Inc (DISCA): DISCA stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.